NoiseAware And Autohost Partner To Prevent Vacation-Rental Party Houses
Vacation-rental party houses and parties at short-term rentals cost owners hundreds of thousands of dollars annually in losses. These include replacement of damaged or destroyed property, both indoors and outdoors. Owners may also have to pay fines for violating permitting rules or local noise ordinances. Then there’s the revenue owners lose as a result of “down nights,” when the property is not available to occupy due to damage or repairs being done. These losses add up when a house is repeatedly used by rowdy guests. And both parties and party houses can have disastrous consequences, as in the case of the recent Sunnyvale, Calif., Airbnb house party that left one person dead and another in the hospital.
NoiseAware recently partnered with Toronto-based guest-screening and verification software Autohost to help eliminate vacation-rental party houses, parties and excessive noise. With the integration of NoiseAware’s privacy-safe noise monitoring, property managers can more easily identify problem guests and address noise issues if they do occur. Here’s how:
Autohost: Preventing Vacation-Rental Party Guests Before Occupancy
- A guest makes a short-term-rental reservation through an OTA or direct booking site.
- The reservation syncs with the property’s PMS or channel-manager.
- Using Autohost, the PMS scans the reservation for risk factors.
- Depending on those factors, the guest receives a set of verifications to complete their booking.
- Once they complete these verifications, they get automated check-in instructions.
NoiseAware: Protecting Against Vacation-Rental Parties In-Stay
- NoiseAware noise sensors are installed on property, both indoors and outdoors.
- The privacy-safe noise sensors measure decibel levels and duration of volume, without identifying sounds or recording.
- If noise exceeds thresholds for different times of day, the property manager or host receives an alert.
- They can then decide to send a message to the guest gently asking them to lower the volume.
- In nearly 80 percent of cases, the problem is resolved with just this one initial text.
Why It’s Important To Have Both Platforms Working Together
Autohost works prior to check-in to vet reservations and identify potential party situations. This lets hosts weed out problem guests before they ever set foot on property. But sometimes even good guests can get rowdy under certain circumstances (think: spring break, bachelorette party, birthday gathering, music festival visit, etc). That’s where NoiseAware comes in, protecting properties during the in-stay portion of the booking.
Autohost CEO Roy Firestein notes: “Even with the most sophisticated of guest-screening solutions, we encourage our customers to invest in property-monitoring technology. No security measure is foolproof, but pairing guest screening with proper monitoring is the best way to protect your properties.
“With this integration, customers will be armed with the insights they need to keep their properties safe from incidents, and Autohost will continue using real-time data to make our system even smarter,” he adds.
NoiseAware co-founder and CEO Andrew Schulz explains: “Noise is the number one indicator of problems at a property. When you solve the noise problem, you reduce a majority of the causes of property damage, fines, angry neighbors and lost rental income. It’s really Property Assurance.
“By combining that assurance with Autohost’s preventative guest screening, property managers can have total peace of mind during the stay, knowing they’ve done everything in their power to protect their business and their community,” he adds.