Starting July 28, 2022, San Bernardino County vacation-rental permit holders will be asked to turn down the noise. Specifically, those applying for or renewing a vacation-rental permit in the Southern California county (which includes popular Joshua Tree, Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead destinations), are being asked to install outdoor noise-measurement sensors. And they’ll get $150 credit on their permit application when they do.
To make it easier for vacation-rental owners to comply with the new recommendation, San Bernardino County has partnered with NoiseAware, the only privacy-safe, indoor/outdoor noise solution for vacation rentals.
Like our La Quinta noise-mitigation program, the San Bernardino County permit fee credit program is part of NoiseAware’s broader mission to preserve the right of homeowners to operate responsible short-term rentals, while protecting the rights of neighbors to peace and quiet.
Here’s how the San Bernardino County vacation-rental permit fee credit works:
- San Bernardino County vacation-rental owner purchases indoor and weatherproof outdoor noise sensors from NoiseAware, with one year of service, using code SBCNA50.
- Homeowner receives 50% off total purchase.
- Homeowner gets a credit for $150 on their San Bernardino County short-term residential rental permit fee.
- Homeowners enjoy a discount on permit fees, and protection from noise-violation fines and Airbnb party ban penalties, plus a significant reduction in property damage claims associated with noise.
- Neighbors enjoy peace and quiet, plus the reassurance that the owner of the vacation rental next door truly cares about their well being and security.
Own a vacation rental in San Bernardino County, and interested in claiming your permit fee credit, and protecting your property and income? Click here.
Operate one or more vacation rentals in a city facing similar pushback, or a cap/moratorium proposals? Got questions about getting a similar program in your locale? We want to hear from you!
Natasha Garber covers short-term-rental industry trends, news, regulations and compliance for NoiseAware. Her posts on STR property management technology, privacy-safe noise monitoring, and licensing laws can be found weekly on the NoiseAware blog.